Helix makes code changes on occasion. While the most significant of these are announced to the in-game bulletin board, this wiki page keeps a running tally of changes on a day to day basis.
The initial code notes and 2007 updates are recorded on the Code Updates 2007 page.
The changelog from 2008 is on the Code Updates 2008 page.
The changelog from 2009 is on the Code Updates 2009 page.
The changelog from 2010 is on the Code Updates 2010 page.
The remainder of this page goes from most recent to least recent changes.
December 5th, 2015
- Tokens created using any gift with the new sticky-token powerbit can only be given by or to a staff member.
- Tokens created using any gift with the new nonuke-token powerbit can only be destroyed by a staff member.
November 29th, 2014
- +gossip/read now has a rough indicator of the lore level needed to read the gossip. From lowest to highest: connected, initiated, insiders, inner circle.
- +request allows immediate character creation. Email verification will occur at some later date, pending resolution of Helix's server issues.
September 23rd, 2013
- Tokens can now have tags for organizational purposes.
September 22nd, 2013
- +token/stage set of commands and +token/risk command to support new rules for story-scope conflicts.
September 21st, 2013
- +token/battle (and +token/clear) added, and +compare modified, to deal with contests involving single story-scope tokens.
September 20th, 2013
- +roll code added, for flipping a coin, rolling some dice, randomizing a list, and other occasionally-useful things.
- +score code added, for keeping track of anything that requires 'counters' or otherwise remembering a number.
July 18th, 2011
- +altcheck now shows counts related to +want
July 2nd, 2011
- +quests/public shows public quests
June 24th, 2011
- +transit/force asserts the keyword at both origin and destination
June 20th, 2011
- GM command +gossip/old gossip-ID allows retrieval of old gossip out of the archive
June 19th, 2011
- +quest/chown makes another player the owner of an undone quest.
March 17th, 2011
- whisper and +mutter now fully support tempnames, as targets and in messages
March 7th, 2011
- Trivial gossip now defaults to level 1, rather than level 3
March 6th, 2011
- When you look at a room, the room name's color varies based on its status (green for OOC, cyan for Public, and yellow for Unfindable).
- The +temproom/unfind command controls the Unfindable status of a temproom.
February 14th, 2011
- New prereq last:days requires that a player have been logged on within the last N days. Mostly useful as a filter on administrative checks.